Friday, April 1, 2011

Second Trip Day 1

Well, I am going to start with the bad news first....Dean and I had terrible car sickness coupled with jet lag on the trip to see Sy. Oh my it was terrible. I even tried the trick a fellow adopter had told me about which was to clothes your eyes when you get in the car and open them when you get out. Still sick! I am hoping after some sleep that tomorrow will be better. Now for the good news....we spent the afternoon with Sy and that was so great. And despite a few minutes of not seeming to want anything to do with us, before we knew it we were about where we left off. He was giggling, chasing us around, playing catch, chasing bubbles, riding the horse, and now it appears he is in to trucks. It was so great!. We get to go back tomorrow which will be our last date until court. So goodnight everyone. I will post more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Very glad you are there, sorry that you are car sick, but I understand that. There is no driving like Russian driving. Hang in there, wish you could just go buy some dramamine, who knows maybe you can. Also great that Sy came along so quickly. I don't remember ever making those strides but our boys were younger maybe that makes a difference. Great to hear from you, have a wonderful second visit and maybe it won't be such a bad drive out there again. Perhaps jet lag really made it worse. We have been thinkin of you everyday, the beginning of the rest of your lives is about to start. Enjoy!! Roger, Dawn and boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the car sickness! I totally feel for you. The closing of my eyes helped, but I was also armed with ginger candy and Sea Bands for trip #2. Something of the 3 helped tremendously. Cna't wait to hear about court!

    ReplyDelete