Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 4-Medicals

Well, the medical exams were uneventful. We did have to do a urine test which apparently is not the norm, so everyone was a bit nervous. For some reason so was I, even though I knew that I was 'clean'. That was crazy! I just kept thinking, what if I test positive? What the heck would I do then? How would I ever prove they are wrong? Nerve wracking, and all the while knowing that you have nothing in your system! Geez, just think how people feel that have something to worry about? A side note, there doesn't seem to be a lot of concern as we watched two men go in together to provide the sample. Hmmm, seems a little odd. No one blinked an eye except for Dean and I. After we finished with the 8 doctor exam (lol) we came back to the apartment where we were prepped for court. Dean is expected to do most of the talking. Now if you know Dean, you know he is a man of few words. And if you don't know Dean, you need to know that he is a man of few words! So needless to say, we are practicing this evening to be sure we get everything said that needs to be said. Apparently one word or short phrase answers do not sufffice. Now, anyone who knows me would know that this is NOT an issue for me, but as I said, Dean is doing the talking! So court is at 10:45 am and I am as nervous as a trophy buck hanging out in a walk-in area on opening day! Cross your fingers and your toes that we get through this! Tonight we ate at New York New York, which I kind of like. They don't speak a lick of English but they have an English menu and play American music. I had pizza, which is what I have had each time we have ate there and 2 of the 3 days we have been here. It is safe! Dean had Reindeer one night and squid tonight. Yuck and Yuck. I will stick with Pizza each chance I have. Some might think I should be brave and try new things but I think coming to Russia was brave enough for me! Oh and by the way, I am still up 3 games to 2 in Rummie, 2 games to 1 in Spades and tied in Pitch. I mention this only because it could be the last time that I am in the winning side of these games! So I am getting my atta boys now knowing that they will run out. Retraction: I had said that Dean and I were carsick and Dean noted that in fact he was not car sick, just jet lag, exhaustion and crazy driving that was getting to him! My mistake!

6 comments:

  1. hmmmm...you are married to one of those too...a man of few words. On our first adoption I was allowed to do the most talking on the second one Roger had to do the "opening statement" and answer a few questions, however the judge picked up that I was the more chatty of the two of us so she asked more ?'s of me when it was my turn. I got the ?'s about how life would be, how it was with our first son altho he was sitting right there in the room so she had a good view of him. She commented at the end how well behaved he was and that she was sure our new son would have a good life. Wonder if your judge will pick up on you being chatty and ask more ?'s of you than of Dean. Roger was pretty nervous about it too, but the coordinator really helped him through it. Enjoy that pizza, its a little different than ours here, but its still really good.
    We have 13 degrees this morning, so chilly morning and no snow tho all around us seems to have gotten some from the storm yest.
    Congrats on the card game winnings, short lived tho they may be. :-)
    Love reading your daily journal, glad you are doing well with it all so far. Now that I am writing this I realize that court must be over so wonder how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I have sooo many clothes for you, you may never have to buy anything again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will be smooth. No worries! God's got it in control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just sitting hear chatting with Dad on the phone. Hoping to hear how everything is going. Hope your court appearance goes smoothly! Take care...Love ya! ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting here listening to the wind howl and thinking about you over there greeting this all important day!! Best wishes for your court appearance, we look forward to hearing about it!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete