Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moscow

Well we made it and survived UTAIR airlines. A less than desirable landing followed by a bus ride from the plane that I am sure would be considered more like a tour of the airport as we weaved and wound our way to baggage claim. Sy was a trooper although upset at multiple times along the way. Today was our medical for Sy and he passed with flying colors. The doctor told me that because he comes from an orphanage he is very used to direct orders and that he is going to test me because I seem "weak". The doctor said that he knows that if he cries that I will pick him up and that if I continue to fall for his tears I will be carrying him until he is 24! He urged me not to do that. He also said I should take him to Hollywood not just for his good looks but for his acting! All of that in less than 5 minutes I believe! I asked about his feet which he barely glanced at and he said it is a food allergy, don't give him orange or red things to eat, or citrus or chocolate cause those things might cause allergies. I think he has a fungus! Whatever! Done with that. Off to the American Embassy tomorrow for his Visa. The city is beautiful but I am short on energy to travel far. We might get out and about this afternoon. I have to pay for internet access in the room, on top of the $300/night to stay here. Hmmm, seems like it should be included. Oh well. It is free in the lobby so I will try and utilize it some. We will likely go to Red Square today or tomorrow. We were in the car today to get to the medical and I am sure we didn't go far but the traffic is THICK here with one way streets everywhere so it seemed like forever. We have a wonderful coordinator and driver here. He seems to be a bit more "smooth with the pedal" so we have had little surging and stopping despite the much greater traffic. Hurray for that. For days now Sy has been saying "NeeBooToo", and I thought his feet were hurting when we were dressing him.. Nope...that means..I won't do it or I don't want to! Makes sense now! He likes to say that and Nyet. If Nyet continues much longer I am thinking about renaming him Nyet Schlattmann. Just Kidding. I am counting down the days yet dreading the very long flight that comes with it. Hopefully Sy will settle in. Paka Paka for now.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...one more thing you can check off your list! Moscow sounds like a beautiful city--hope you are able to enjoy it a bit. Love the posts! Take care and let me know about your flight plans. Love ya! ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Sergei is your coordinator and Michael is your driver, please tell them Doug and Shelly Rawlins said hello!! Sergei can take you on a wonderful tour of Red Square!! He's very knowledgeable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food allergies?? Interesting. And it only took 5 minutes to diagnose that:)I'm glad his feet are doing better. It sounds like he is handling things pretty well. I bet he likes all the new sights. Are there more people who speak English in Moscow? I hope you guys enjoy the city. Take lots of pictures. Good luck with your finally flight. Talk to you soon. Becky

    ReplyDelete