Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 3 - Day of Rest-updated

Today we will be just hanging out because it is Sunday. It is snowing here as well and I am jealous that it is 75 degrees at home right now. The weather is still very nice and it is not cold. I forgot my USB cable so I am attempting to use my camera on my phone to take a few pics to upload. We have a great view of the river from our apartment and it is a very nice apartment. And I may have mentioned this before but the entry leading up to it leaves a bit to be desired. Once inside it is perfect. I am pretty sure I will be a master solatairre, rummie, pitch, and spades player before this is all over. Dean does not like to lose though! I am up two games in rummie! Forgive the formatting here with the pictures. I got tired of trying to make it work right. I am also uploading one of my new favorite pictures of the little guy that we are missing SOOOO much at home and my wonderful father who has been taking good care of him.

We had to get pictures developed yesterday. Just try to imagine what it was like speaking to the girl who spoke no English. I couldn't say one word in Russian. But I am getting good at grunting. Luckily there was one man there who spoke broken English and he saved the day and sent us to another store where no one spoke English. I again grunted and pointed like a Master and managed to get pictures developed! It was nothing short of a miracle!


Our first glimpse of what life is life for Sy daily was in the one set of prints. We had left a camera there and so they took some photos of him. Oddly enough the majority were of him sitting on the potty. I think this was to show us that he is nearly potty trained. Not sure. But we also got to see his bed, a picture of him eating, and one of him bathing. Since we will have so few of these, it will be nice to show him this later on.



3 comments:

  1. Curious...how do they bathe them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was in a small bathtub and had soap all over him. He had a bath toy or sponge in there with him. His head wasn't wet but his body was all soaped up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have those pics, I didn't know if they would use the camera or not so great idea. About your USB cable...ask your coordinator if she can help you with getting a new one. We forgot ours on our second trip for our first son, we walked all over trying to buy a new one and when we mentioned it to our coordinator he took Roger and went to a store just down the way and we got a new one very cheap. Its worth a shot anyway. Glad you are doing well.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete