Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 5 - Court



We passed!!!!!! So I considered calling each one of you but then I thought perhaps since it was midnight you might not appreciate it. Court was about 1 1/2 hours long and the judge addressed almost all of the questions to Dean. Dean did a wonderful job and we have been issued a decree to adopt. Now we wait, because officially he is not our child until April 16th which is the 11th day of a 10 day wait period (I love how they count!!!). Apparently we had the tough judge and she never once cracked a smile, but no one here does! When I get back I am going to have to practice smiling again. We saw one family ahead of us who had a successful adoption and there was another family right after us. Both couples were from Spain. I can't believe this day has finally arrived. I just wish Sy was with us right now. But after over a year of being patient I think I can tough out the next 10 days. Hey, does anyone want to make a quick trip over here to hang out with me when Dean leaves? Just checking. The weather has been colder and intermittent snow but if all goes well we get to go back to Achinsk tomorrow and see Sy again. We are hoping to go tomorrow and Thursday before Dean leaves to come home. Jake has been busy with Grammie making a scarf for Sy on Uncle Rollo's old sewing machine. Can't wait to see that. I miss him terribly and all of you as well.

So, I will officially introduce you today to Sy Vladimir Schlattmann. I know many of you have seen his pictures but for those who have not, here he is.


4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS Dean and Sara, we are over the moon thrilled for you. The hardest part is knowing he is "yours" and yet you can't have him 24/7 yet. But 10/11 days isn't that long compared to paperwork time. :-) We were loving the pics and noticing the chairs that must be in every orphanage across the country there and the playhouse too. I think the hardest part of coming home was learning to juggle that play time in with the rest of normal life chores. When you are over there, there is nothing but the child to take your time really so plenty of bonding play goes on, coming home well there is the phone, cleaning etc. Harder to balance it and the kiddos don't really understand for a bit. :-) So glad for your update, good to have the stress of court be done. Congrats on extending your family with one lucky boy!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not have to practice smiling again. I have seen the pictures of you with this cute little boy and you are smiling in all of them. You all look so happy. How wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are soooo elated for you!!!!! I got your message this morning...I was up, but in the shower....so upset that I missed talking to you. You can call again anytime! I would love to come hang out with you and seriously considered it, but was informed that a little item called a passport was needed first. Please take care of yourself. I am so excited to have a new nephew! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from us!!!
    ~Kate and crew

    ReplyDelete