Sunday, February 13, 2011

Home

Well we made it home without a hitch! No missed flights, no snafus. 2 am here. At the time of this post, it is evident that I am having a heck of a time adjusting back to our time zone, nearly 14 hours different (still awake at midnight). This might also be attributed to the massive quantity of Diet Mtn Dew I consumed today in response to not having had any for 8 days! (I am going to stick with time change as the reason though). We are excited to be home and back to work tomorrow. It is great to have Jake back around. He is such a bright happy boy. We are so lucky. He is VERY excited and has asked lots of questions and insists that he will do his best to keep him safe and teach him lots! I know he will.

Tomorrow I will try and tie up all the paperwork and have it notarized and sent in on Tuesday. Lots to do and the quicker I can get it sent off, the quicker we might recieve a court date. We have been looking back over the pictures and video of Vladimir and we smile each time. We know he won't remember us or not much of our visit, but we know he is in good hands. Truly the people at his orphanage seem to be working hard to take good care of him and the others. We had a great experience and only wish we could do more to help.

As I mentioned, we have chosen to name him Sy. I have been hesitant to officially call him that because there are so many variables out there and since at this point we are not legally his parents I am reserved in becoming too attached (although it is likely be too late!). I don't know if that makes any sense, but that is my reason. We are holding our breathe that there will not be any one out there making any ripples in the already very sensitive Russian adoption process. Each time a bad report hits the news, it effects all of the families in the adoption process. So let's hope that there will be no more of that!

I will not likely post much more until we receive a court date, so tune in and thanks for following us on this amazing journey.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I love the name Sy!! I know you guys will get a court date soon! I am so bummed we weren't able to get together in Kras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very happy for you. I only hope and pray that everything goes smoothly and rapidly for you. Can't wait to meet him. Take care...All my love ~ Kate

    ReplyDelete