Sunday, February 6, 2011

Exploring



Well we successfully navigated day one, or at least we thought so. Some of the people who tried to help us may not have thought the same. It is a nice place, the hotel, the city and the people. I was able to go running which was nice. There is a path that goes along the river and so I ran up and down it.


One of the great sites was the ice sculpture. They are beautiful and although they may have melted some, they were still amazing. They have a giant ice slide and Dean made sure to try it out.


I have not gone down the slide but hope to before we leave. It is HUGE!


We managed to track down some Diet Pepsi, which as many of you know, is a major part of my diet. (Actually it is Diet Mtn. Dew, but this is my second choice). So Dean will not likely have to deal with me going through caffeine withdrawals which is a plus for BOTH of us! They also have M&M's and that is a plus for me!
Tomorrow we head to the orphanage. I will post a bit more then. Wireless in the room, so that makes it very convenient.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it safely. Hope you had a wonderful first meeting. I'm with Dean...I really like the name Tel, but I'm sure what ever you pick will be perfect. I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about the adorable little guy! Take care ~ love ya ~ Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it! I can't wait to see those ice sculptures finished!!! Enjoy tomorrow! I pray it's everything you imagined it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we found you. Looks like you are having a great adventure. I love the ice sculptures. Barbara and the rest of the office gang

    ReplyDelete