Thursday, August 11, 2011

Growing and Changing

Today, after being gone for three days, I was welcomed home with some great news....mama, I pooped in the potty....mama, I ride bike....mama, I miss you, and the best greeting of all was simply running into my arms and holding me tight with his head on my shoulder. And in line with much of his new vocabulary was this bossy statement, "mama, you stay dere (there), you eat, I be back". ..............Jake was quite the repeater of words but Sy, he takes it to a whole new level. I am so fearful of what I say, knowing that it will be held against me...from the mouth of Sy! And it isn't just what he says, be he actually knows how to say it and when to say it! Yikes.....And when he says it, Jake turns with open mouth towards me to see my reaction, which of course is pale faced and silent............ Grammie (Cindy) is the #1 request from the boys. Everytime we get in the car Sy says..."let's go grammies". We are so lucky to have her and grandad around! There is a certain comfort in knowing that even though you have to have someone watch your children while you work, that the someone is Grammie.

No comments:

Post a Comment