Monday, May 2, 2011

Update

I had intended to update this much more often but really things are just plodding along at a slow steady pace. Sy has adjusted well. His biggest issue that I see is his somewhat constipated lifestyle. But the more we can get him to eat, I hope this will get better. He loves bathes. He wants one all the time. Today I gave him his first haircut since we adopted him. It went really well and then we had a bath, so that might have been his incentive. My next post will be a photo post. I just need to find some time! Geez. I am working half days and Dean is sharing the duties with me. There just is not enough time in the day it seems. His vocabulary is expanding (or at least his understanding). he repeats most everything and so it won't be long. Sabaka and Kisha (dog and cat) are still major parts of his vocabulary. I wish everyone got to see his personality. In groups it is not there but at home he is a ham! He has some crazy facial expressions and he and Dake (Jake) go back and forth with them. Sy was once pretty fearful of the dogs but now has decided he likes them. Good dog is his favorite thing to say, but it his way of saying "get a way". he takes on a low voice and says "DOWN". It is real funny. He has taken a liking to tractors (that will warm my dad's heart) and trains. Both of which can be a sore spot since Jake will claim that they are REALLY his toys. This is the side of the sibling thing that is not so pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment