Monday, May 9, 2011

Life...














It has been awhile I think since I posted. I had such good intentions, but life seems to have taken over. All is well in the Schlattmann household. We have two beautiful little guys who play together, fight, take things from each other, laugh, argue (Da...Nyet...Da...Nyet). Tonight Jake asked me when Sy and I would be going somewhere....I wasn't sure how to take that...he said, ya know wouldn't that be a great mothers day gift for you to be able to go somewhere? I said...by myself?...He said, no take Sy with you! So long story short, Jake wonders when I will take Sy so things can be like they used to be....gotta love it! My school friends had a baby shower for me last week. It was SOOOOO great and I was happy to be able to introduce them to Sy. He was quite a trooper and had plenty of things to say. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends, coworkers and community to live in. Sy is a little Parrot (is that the bird that repeats?). Hello..good bye, I cuv (love) you . please...thank you, say your welcome (as opposed to "your welcome") corse (horse) sow (cow) Yeddy (our dog eddie). But still a big fan of "Oooooh MaMa...Saaaabaaaakaaa (dog), followed quickly by...good dog! Grammie is the all time favorite of course....and Uncle Duane seemed to be a close second. Jake wants to lift him up and carry him places. The more I don't want that, the more he wants that! Yikes....but Jake doesn't seem to have any trouble carrying all 23.5 lbs of Sy! Sunday we met up with the Leonhardt family and met their two little boys who were also adopted from Russia. It was so great to see how they are thriving and how happy they are. We know we have been blessed with a good transition thus far, and hope that Sy will grow, grow grow over the next year, like these two little guys have! Dawn was kind enough to bring down lots of clothes for me to pick through before puting them in a yard sale. We are set! Thank you thank you to all who have given us clothes and toys and money and you name it! We also were treated with a small pedal tractor and wagon from the school friends. Now I just have to talk my husband into assembling. You should have seen the look on his face! Yikes...I am praying for another rain day and perhaps it will inspire him! Sy still has lots of coping mechanisms that he is using and has tested us a lot by crying, flopping on the floor, and out right Nyetting us! We are holding strong most of the time and he seems to come right out of it. Sometimes it is hard though. On Mother's Day I mourned the loss of my mother this past fall and was most saddened by the fact that she didn't get to meet this amazing little boy. She would have gobbled him up and he would have stole her heart! It is the little things in life that make me miss her the most!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys seem to be adjusting so well. Jake seems like he's fitting into his big brother role nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete