Monday, May 23, 2011

4 weeks home, but who's counting!

I have found it harder and harder to keep up the blog, even though I love that it is going to be a living document for Sy and Jake when they are older (and presumably care what I have to say). As I have mentioned, Sy has settled right in and he and Jake are much like typical siblings, laughing together, Sy crying, Jake telling me that Sy gets all the attention, Jake taking toys from Sy (jake laughing, Sy crying). So all and all, it seems to be going quite well. ........I will note that eating has been a real struggle. Not that Sy is not eating, but his pickiness leads to limited choices. Our attempts to have him branch out have been largely unsuccessful and met with some criticism at our approach. Dean and I are in unchartered water and so we have tried many options, much of them failing. We of course want what is best for Sy and think that the broadened food selection would help him begin to thrive. Unfortunately, Sy does not agree! On the brighter side, he has branched out to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ham sandwiches (although not thrilled) and is a firm believer that Smore Pop Tarts are their own food group! ........ We went to visit Aunt Katy and family and had a wonderful time. Jake and Sy both wished they could stay. I on the other hand was eager to head out but only because the flood waters were reaching all time highs and as much as I love to see my sister, the vision of spending an undetermined amount of time in Winnett was making me anxious at best. .....Sy continues to repeat much of what we say and his vocabulary is growing tremendously. His latest is...."Cat come see me" a direct quote from me, who each morning begins with "Sy come see me". So there ya go, he is something! More and more he is puting names to faces. Dean has gone from mama to DaDa (unless he wants something). Deeuuuanne (as Sy would say it) is very popular, in fact I think if he had a choice Deeuuuanne might be at the top of the list. Pipeee, Shake (Jake), Ogan (Logan), Sibneee, and Sef are all well identified. And of course Grandpa and Grammie are all time favorites. If you want to get him to "come see me", then do as Grandpa has done and say "ready". That is a signal that you plan to through him up in the air for the next 10 minutes with each landing Sy saying.....Rebby . Caution...once you start you had better be prepared for quite an arm workout. He doesn't give up this game easily................Jake is in the home stretch of school and also for his cast. He is excited for both to come to an end. I can't believe he is already through with Kindergarten. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment