Monday, March 14, 2011

Quick Update

Our flights are booked. Our apartment is ready. Paperwork is in process, hoping to receive Visa's next week. We have bought some clothes to take for Sy and for the orphanage. A friend of mine has collected a large supply of knitted hats and such and we will be taking that. Thank you Gretchen and all those who donated. What a wonderful place we live in!

The best news I can give to you is that Dean's mom, Cindy has graciously decided to come to Russia after Dean returns. I can't even tell you how wonderful that is. She is amazing and we are so lucky to have someone so adventurous and giving in our lives. She will be there when I get to pick Sy up and with me on the whole journey home. It means so much to me. Wow, is all I can say to that.

Today I bought Sy shoes based on the outline we made of his foot while we were there. I hope they fit! If not, we will go to Plan B, whatever that might be!

Another stroke of good luck is that my professor was gracious enough to have my Masters defense moved up a week so I will be completing that March 24th. What a relief and a stress. It too will be worth it. So God has really been looking after me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment