Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nearly There!

All the paperwork has arrived. Clothes for Sy and the orphanage have been packed. I am now working on trying to fit a lot of clothes in what seems like very tiny suitcases. We leave in a few days. Oh and by the way, passed my final course for my master's program! Yippee!

As the day to leave approaches I am filled with lots of excitement and lots of nerves. I do not want to leave Jake for 3 weeks. I do not want to leave my home, family and friends for three weeks, but I am SOOOO excited that we will be bringing Sy home and beginning a new chapter in our lives. It is hard to even believe it is happening.

We have been blessed with so many wonderful friends that have helped us out along this journey. From prayers, to advice, to watching our son, to looking over our place we just can not be grateful enough. Thank you everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I am Carolyn Walton's niece, and we live in St. Louis. I adopted my daughter in 2004 as an infant from Russia, and she is a joy! I loved Russia in winter too. I'll be thinking of you--be sure to take pix on the train, hotel, plane ride back--we got so busy and tired we didn't take some I now wish I had! I'll be praying for you. Dolores Dace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you to Russia and back! I know it will be smooth as silk. Can't wait to hear about it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete