Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh Here We Go!

Well, I should have started this blog months ago, but didn't. As many of you know we have been a year into the process of adopting. We decided we wanted to adopt from Russia, and have been awaiting news that we would be matched with a little boy. The day has finally arrived and next week we will be on a plane to Krasnoyarsk Russia to finally meet the little boy we hope to be our son.

I am anxious and nervous and have been constantly thinking about this trip. I am worried about going through Customs because of our layover time. I am worried I won't understand a word that is being said and that is most likely going to happen!

This little boy is 26 months old and from all accounts appears to be happy and healthy. We are excited and Jake, who turns 6 this month has long hoped to have "someone to play with". It will be a shock to his perfect world that is for sure!

We have bought money travelers, outlet adapters, toys and more and are anxiously awaiting the return of our visas and passports! I think it will all become very real when we land in Moscow! And we still have 5 more hours of flight after that. Our little guy is in Achinsk, Krasnoyarsk Region, which they tell me is a 2.5 hour drive with drivers who will scare the bajabbers out of us. That sounds fun doesn't it!

I have never travelled internationally so this is going to be one heck of an adventure. I have imagined in my mind a hundred times what it will be like when we finally get to meet him. I was hoping to take cereal, bubbles and a Elmo phone to connect with him. Maybe a ball as well.

We have been blessed to have connected already with some very knowledgeable people who have been through the process. We hope we can make more connections along the way and pay it forward for futures adopters.

We have been told we will get to spend four visits with the little guy and so I hope we can make a connection. We also made a small photo album to give to him. In the next few days I will get a booster Hep B shot, pack, find a neck pillow and finish getting our main dossier put together so that the moment we return I can forward it on to our adoption agency. WooHoo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara and Dean! Just got to read the blog. From what you describe, Sy and Jake are a good match. I wish you all the succcess you need in the month ahead and great joy when you are all together in Wyoming! Love, Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete